RE: [Xen-devel] Windows Vista HVM Bugs

To: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Windows Vista HVM Bugs
From: Sven Oehme <oehmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 17:03:28 +0100
Cc: Xen devel list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 08:03:16 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 12/30/2006 09:16:48 PM:

> > 1. during installation Vista reboots a few times and during each
> reboot the
> > XEN Host rebooted (looks like a System panic). After successful
> > Installation it still happens when i do a reboot instead of a shutdown
> and
> > new create.
>
> This is a known recent regression, will be fixed as soon as everyone is
> back at work next week.

thanks , will test next week

> > 2. When i have the Vista System up , i don't get a ip address from my
> DHCP
> > Server, looks like something with the network transport is broken, my
> DHCP
> > Server gets the request, and sends back an offer, but the Windows
> Client
> > never receives the response. necessary log files :
>
> This is a known issue. Vista's rtl8139 driver seems to have problems
> with the qemu-dm emulation. Bizarrely, it works fine in x64 vista, just
> not the 32b version -- packets are received, they just get discarded in
> the driver for some unknown reason. Copying the driver across from w2k3
> works fine.

Also the Drivers for Windows XP and Vista from realtek have that bug.
i picked the driver for windows 2000 (ftp://210.51.181.211/cn/nic/ndis5x-pcilan(649).zip) from the realtek Website and it worked.

thanks for the tip ..

Sven