[Xen-devel] Windows install fails with qemu mapcache

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Windows install fails with qemu mapcache
From: "George Dunlap" <dunlapg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:57:35 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 01:23:05 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[Sorry for duplicates.]

W2K3 and WinXP installs fail under xen-unstable.  It boots the CD OK,
but sometime during the copying, it will say "Setup cannot copy the
file [foo]", where [foo] changes each time.  Occasionally the failure
mode is instead a BSOD.

I can see nothing of interest in the /var/log/xen/* or /var/log/messages.

The culprit seems to be the mapcache; the install succeeds in CS 12758
and fails in 12759.

I've looked through that changeset, and nothing jumps out at first
glance as obviously wrong.  Any ideas?

-George