Re: [Xen-devel] direct I/O access from domU

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 08:17 -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> Has anyone else out there tried this type of direct access to a device
> from domU? I am also seeing problems with the pciback.hide etc. --
> well, to put it simply, they don't seem to work at all.

I did this for my USB driver testing for the PCI USB h/w.  I can't
remember the xen changeset which I used (it was xen 3 a few months ago)
but you could find out by searching the mailing list for the last time I
posted a USB split driver patch.

> So, the big question: I want to give a domU direct access to Yenta; I
> want the I/Os and memory areas and DMA and IRQs and whatever going to
> domU with (ideally) 0 involvement from dom0. How do I do this?

For the USB device it was fairly easy.  Hide it from the dom0 kernel,
grant it to the domU kernel make sure pci back and front are compiled
into the dom0/domU kernels respectively.

Yenta is a PCI bridge though which rings alarm bells because the old
(Xen 2) driver domain support didn't work for bridges.