RE: [Xen-devel] demo cd 3.0.3 on non-pae machine

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] demo cd 3.0.3 on non-pae machine
From: Adriaan Peeters <apeeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 12:25:08 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 02:01:49 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 11:32 +0100, Petersson, Mats wrote:

> What CPU do you have that doesn't support PAE? AMD has had PAE since K6
> or K5 days, Intel had it before then...

This is the output of /proc/cpuinfo (while running Ubuntu edgy):

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 13
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.70GHz
stepping        : 6
cpu MHz         : 600.000
cache size      : 2048 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe up est tm2
bogomips        : 1200.00

The machine is a Dell Latitude D505.

> Whilst I understand that someone may wish to not build Xen for
> themselves, I also think that the number of actual potential customers
> of Xen that has processors that doesn't support PAE are fairly
> limited...

This machine is about 2 years old, so still appropriate to test the Xen
Demo CD, no ? :) I assume adding non-pae kernels just implies changing
the build scripts or doesn't new Xen support non-pae processors anymore?

--
Adriaan Peeters