Re: [Xen-devel] Regarding Xenstore/Xenbus

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 08:21:20PM -0500, Umar Farooq Minhas wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. I was into trying out xenstore acess using
> 'libxenstore.so'. I have copied the exact code that I am trying to run
> (most of this comes from xenstore wiki). The issue is that I am able to run
> this code from dom0 but when I try to run it from inside a domU after the
> first printf output i.e. "Msg1" it terminates abnormally saying "unknown
> error". My guess is that its failing when it calls xs_daemon_open(). I
> can't figure out what am i missing. Some processes need to be started
> before i can acess xenstore? Are there any packages that need to be
> installed in domU to access xenstore? I already have 'xen-devel', 'xen-lib'
> and 'xen-tools' packages installed inside domU. Please help.

you need to use "domain_open" instead of "daemon_open" in domU.

daemon_open is using a direct unix socket to communicate with xenstored.
this socket is only accessible to dom0. domU need to use the other way
to communicate with xenstored.

Cheers,
--
Vincent Hanquez