Re: [Xen-devel] IP and hostname for domU

To: jdsw <jdsw2002@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] IP and hostname for domU
From: "Andrew D. Ball" <aball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:19:25 -0500
Cc: xendevel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 08:19:36 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I strongly dislike the {ip, dhcp, root*} options.  They map to Linux
kernel options.  If someone wants to do that in the configuration
instead of a bootloader configuration, I think the should use the
ill-named 'extra' option, which is appended to the kernel command line.
This is for paravirtualized linux domU's.

Would be best if ip configuration is done in userspace of the guest
unless someone would ordinarily do this with kernel options and doesn't
want to use a bootloader.

Sorry, I'm a bit sore on this :-)

Peace.
Andrew