Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Getting rid of xenbus_suspend(): tpmfrontdriver impa

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Getting rid of xenbus_suspend(): tpmfrontdriver impacted?
From: "Zhai, Edwin" <edwin.zhai@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:38:42 +0800
Cc: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stefan Berger <stefanb@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 07:24:48 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keir Fraser wrote:

On 6/11/06 08:09, "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When you said "xenbus_resume" will not be executed, could I suppose that only
per-PV drivers' resume handler won't be invoked, while instead xb_init_comms
and
xs_resume are still invoked just after resuming point? In any case, we still
need
rebuild xenbus channel first, and then to let PV drivers detecting re-connect,
am I
right?

No, there would still be a connection through to the xenstored. I guess we
do take a few mutexes and so on, so we would need a bit of undo code. So
xenbus_suspend_cancel() is probably the way to go. But full re-connection is
not required.

if no full re-connection, how does everything across different layer work together?

look at PV driver in HVM domain for example.
xen-platform-pci, xenbus and xen-vbd enable pseudo device, shared_info/evtchn/xenbus and vbd respectively.  when vbd driver found a broken state when restore, it should reconnect the lower layers first, since everything is lost.

 -- Keir