RE: [Xen-devel] Re: Getting rid of xenbus_suspend(): tpmfront driverimpa

To: "Stefan Berger" <stefanb@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Re: Getting rid of xenbus_suspend(): tpmfront driverimpacted?
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 16:44:14 -0000
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 08:45:11 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The TPM protocol in contrast assumes a
> reliable connection from the computer to the device and that all
commands
> finish correctly and responses are received by the apps *and* that
requests
> are not resent. How does the block driver handle this? Will the
frontend
> driver still receive explicit notification of a shutdown?

Blkfront remembers un-acknowledged requests and reissues them after a
re-connect. It doesn't matter whether the requests have previously been
issued or not, as we know there will be no reordering hazards within the
request stream, as there are no ordering guarantees. It currently
doesn't use the suspend notification.

Ian