[Xen-devel] map_domain_va() with user-space address?

To: "Xen Developers" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] map_domain_va() with user-space address?
From: "Jun Koi" <junkoi2004@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:21:00 +0900
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:54:55 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am trying to use the function map_domain_va() in libxc/xc_ptrace.c
to map the user-space address of DomU. The prototype of
map_domain_va() is as below:

void *map_domain_va(int xc_handle, int cpu, void *guest_va, int perm)

If the guest_va is address in the kernel-space, everything is fine (of
course, we all know that xc_ptrace works well). However, if guest_va
is the address in user-space, the function returns sucessfully, but
when I tried to access the mapped memory, the information seems to be
garbage only. Any hint why this happen? What should I do to fix ths?

In my experiment, the user-space address is valid in the context. So
the reason that the guest_va address is invalid is out of the
question.

Thanks a lot,
Jun