[XenPPC] Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: PowerPC and VIO

To: Jimi Xenidis <jimix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [XenPPC] Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: PowerPC and VIO
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 07:56:19 +0000
Cc: XenPPC-devel <xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:52:13 -0800
Sender: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 30/10/06 8:51 pm, "Jimi Xenidis" <jimix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Immediate questions do come to mind:
>    Why do we return the MFN on a GNTTABOP_map_grant_ref?

It's the *dev* *bus* *addr*. The one you program into your device's DMA
engine. We can't hide that. Yes, in future it will not necessarily be the
MFN (as would be seen on the FSB) as the device bus will be in a different
address-translation space.

 -- Keir