[Xen-devel] Testing Report for Xen 3.0.3 rc2

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Testing Report for Xen 3.0.3 rc2
From: "Xu, JiajunX" <jiajunx.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:05:35 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 02:06:04 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We have tested Xen for 3.0.3 rc2. In the testing we mainly focus on
retesting the issues of rc1.

Following is the detail status:
New issues exist in 3.0.3 rc2:
1. Windows Vista CANNOT boot up normally on PAE HV
When we try to boot Vista, it will give us a black screen and "xm list"
shows the status is "b". It also exists in unstable tree from cs 11684.

2. LTP case "mtest05 mmstress" in PAE SMP HVM domain may cause xen0
CRASH.
It won't happen every time, but if we run the cases for several times,
HVM domain will make xen0 crash then. And we also met the issue in
latest cs 11730.

Old issues:
1. Win2k installation with ACPI enabled will give a blue screen.
On all the IA32/IA32pae/IA32e HV, installation of Win2k with ACPI will
be block with a blue screen, saying the Win2k BIOS is not compliant with
ACPI specification.

2. 2. FC5 IA32 SMP HVM Guest crash when booting SMP Guest
It will occur on both IA32p/IA32e host. Always make Guest crash. And we
can boot up FC5 IA32 UP HVM Guest normally.

3. Can not input number from speail number keys (when Open Num Lock)
It's also a user experience issue, sometimes the keyboard will work and
sometimes not. And we met the issues under both vnc and sdl mode.

4. LTP case "gettimeofday02", "ioperm02" and "pselect01" may fail in HVM
The three fail cases can be easily reproduced by run them for 10 times.

5. X11perf fails in HVM
X11perf is a X11 server performance test program. If run all the cases
in it, it will fail and print that:
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  53 (X_CreatePixmap)
  Value in failed request:  0x8
  Serial number of failed request:  167370704

6. Can't set acoustic mangement with HVM IDE

7. Testing big ICMP package from xen0 to HVM

FIXED issues:
1. Para-virtualization driver doen't work for HVM guests
2. Using vi in VMX hangs guest

Glad to see it's finally fixed in rc2. And also be fixed in unstable
tree cs 11686.
3. "Cannot boot up 4 HVM at the same time", VBD issue
4. IA32 PAE SMP guest OS can't reboot in IA32 PAE and IA32E xen0
It's fixed in unstable tree cs 11620.

Best Regards,
Jiajun