Re: [Xen-devel] Testing Report for Xen 3.0.3 rc1

Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Testing Report for Xen 3.0.3 rc1
From: John Lenz <jlenz2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 01:45:08 -0500
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:45:45 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 09/29/06 02:51, Xu, JiajunX wrote:

> 3. Win2k installation with ACPI enabled will give a blue screen.
>
> It also exists in latest unstable tree. Xin also met the issue. As we
> begin add more combination Windows tests, it's important to make it
> work.

The latest ReactOS 0.3.0 in a hvm domain also bluescreens during the
first boot.  The install from the CD works fine, but after rebooting
from the hard drive, bluescreen shows up with a message about
bootvid.sys  KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.  I have a screenshot if anyone
is interested (14K).  This is with ACPI=0, so is probably unrelated.

This is on a AMD Athlon 64 X2 with the latest xen 3.0.3 rc1 binary
release (I didn't compile it myself).

Other problems I had:
1) Installing Windows 2000 blue screened, but after installing with
qemu, xen boots a domU into Windows 2000 fine

2) Upgrading WinXP from the Windows 2000 again bluscreened during the
install, but after installing with qemu, the WinXP domain boots up fine.

3) The mouse in windows "feels" a lot slower than the old xen (3.0.2).
I don't know if this is related to bvt vs credit or what, and I don't
have any measures or anything, but mouse movement in both SDL and VNC
seem slower to update the mouse position when you move it.  This is with
an idle dom0, and just WinXP in the domU, and both show no CPU use.

John