Re: [Xen-devel] problem with xenperf

To: "Apparao, Padmashree K" <padmashree.k.apparao@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] problem with xenperf
From: "George Dunlap " <dunlapg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 20:15:10 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:15:33 -0700
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=TSYf4ca8RxB5Oi3S/F5UkNazqbwksg6PAWNDNuFBYxoLX2spr0zQpWBbWOzDCf1g8AjEyQM4z7GyLSQe37I9FpVkf+MZz8hE9RdhNvq7/Efv3QUkYq5CoyqvR5NiZm15C9h5acpkWUuqFBaJQ5aCSX+u8VAhOg7Ux0ZwEx4JUoA=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I take it to mean, you have made modifications since that changeset?

Are you committing these changes to mercurial, or not?

If you have uncommitted changes you can do this:
$ hg diff > /tmp/hgdiff
$ hg update -C [revision]
$ patch -p1 < /tmp/hgdiff

If you have committed changes, I suppose you could export all of those:
$ hg export [revision 1] > /tmp/revision1
$ hg export [revision 2] > /tmp/revision2
$ hg update -C [revision]
$ for I in /tmp/revision* ; do hg import $I ; done
$ hg update

Or alternately, you could start using hg quilt.  Quilt will allow you
to keep a "series" of patches on top of the development tree.  When
you want to move from one version fo the repository to another, you
simply "pop" all the patches in the series off, move to that version,
and "push" all the patches back on.  (See instructions below.)

To enable mercurial-quilt, add the following line to the [extensions]
section of your ~/.hgrc file:
mq=