[Xen-devel] dom0_ops/domctl iomem_permission hypercall

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] dom0_ops/domctl iomem_permission hypercall
From: Kieran Mansley <kmansley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:01:13 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 03:01:50 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The changes introduced by the following patch:

# HG changeset patch
# User kfraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
# Node ID 86d26e6ec89b3aba5512d981838caea043b157ab
# Parent  9091331dfb353212781622f3c9020492cb049178
Replace dom0_ops hypercall with three new hypercalls:
 1. platform_op -- used by dom0 kernel to perform actions on the
    hardware platform (e.g., MTRR access, microcode update, platform
    quirks, ...)
 2. domctl -- used by management tools to control a specified domain
 3. sysctl -- used by management tools for system-wide actions

are causing me a couple of problems.  I'd appreciate some advice on how
to work with this new domctl interface.

The problem is that one of the dom0_ops (iomem_permission) that we were
previously using (to grant a domU access to an iomem page from dom0) is
now not accessible in the kernel to our drivers.

A couple of posts on xen-devel following the check in suggest compiling
with __XEN_TOOLS__ for the few files that need to use domctl, but that
doesn't help a great deal as xen/domctl.h isn't even in the kernel
header files.

Is there some other method for granting access to an iomem page that I
should be using, or is this just not supported anymore?

Thanks

Kieran