Re: [Xen-devel] Re: dumpcore changes -- [Xen-changelog] [xen-unstable] I

To: B Thomas <bjthomas3@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: dumpcore changes -- [Xen-changelog] [xen-unstable] In this patch, the xc_domain_dumpcore_via_callback() in xc_core.c of
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:26:36 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 06:25:27 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yuk. This patch should never have been applied. It’s certainly clearly never been tested (e.g., because the iteration variable was changed from ‘i’ to ‘n’ the copy_from_domain_page() now always copies from the wrong page). Even if it did work, the interface change is more than a little questionable.

I’ll revert the patch. Thanks for flagging the issue.

 -- Keir