[Xen-devel] xend not working anymore and problems on x64-64

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] xend not working anymore and problems on x64-64
From: Stefan Berger <stefanb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:13:02 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 20:13:29 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anybody else having the problem that xend does not start? I updated 3 systems (2 ia32, 1 x86-64) today (30th) and none of them has xend running anymore. No output to /var/log/xend-debug.log or xend.log.

Also my 64bit blade (LS20) has since recently had hang-up problems. Typically it dies while compiling the sources after several minutes. The login prompt then still accepts the username, but the prompt for the password does not appear anymore. If 'top' is running in 3 second update mode, these 3 seconds seem to take like twice as long, but updates are still happing. Reactions to keyboard inputs are extremly slow, but work and allow to terminate 'top'. A 'dmesg' does not show much of anything interesting and 'cat /var/log/messages' never retruns. Could this be related to hard drive or scsi interrupts?

Cheers,
   Stefan