[Xen-devel] RFC: xencomm - linux side

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RFC: xencomm - linux side
From: Tristan Gingold <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 17:18:50 +0200
Cc: xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:14:36 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am posting the linux xencomm code for review.  I'd plan to submit soon
unless comments/remarks.

This patch has 3 aims:
* xencomm descriptor creation (drivers/xen/core/xencomm.c)
* linux issued hypercalls translation (drivers/xen/core/xencomm_hcall.c)
* privcmd hypercalls translation (drivers/xen/privcmd/xencomm.c)

Most of this comes from powerpc people.  Because they use a private linux
tree, the patches have never been submitted.
However the patches have been seriously modified by myself in order to be used
on ia64.  I tried to made them more generic so that they can be shared by
ia64 and powerpc.

Tristan.