[XenPPC] Re: [Xen-devel] architecture-specific stuff in xend

To: Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [XenPPC] Re: [Xen-devel] architecture-specific stuff in xend
From: John Levon <levon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 16:59:53 +0100
Cc: xen-ppc-devel <xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 09:00:00 -0700
Sender: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 10:34:25AM -0500, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

> Rather than having these inline tests everywhere ("if os.uname()[4] in
> ('ia64', 'ppc64'):"), would it make more sense to have some sort of
> "architecture" object, and do things like:

It'd be good if it were slightly more general and covered other system
stuff too (namely OS). On Solaris some of the Xen binaries/scripts live
in different locations in order to meet our file system requirements.

> I'm not sure how/where to instantiate the arch object though.

Presumably you could do the instance() singleton trick?

regards
john