[Xen-devel] PATCH: remove perfcounter array bound

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] PATCH: remove perfcounter array bound
From: Tristan Gingold <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 13:26:46 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 04:22:38 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

the current dom0_perfcounter hypercall has a limit on the number of values per
counter (64).  On ia64 we'd like to use arrays bigger than this limit.
This patch removes this hard-limit: perfcounter descriptors and values are now
passed by two distinct buffers.

This break the API compatibility.  However because DOM0_PERFCCONTROL is used
only by xenperf and only by developpers the patch didn't change
DOM0_INTERFACE_VERSION.

Tested on ia64.

Tristan.