[Xen-devel] Question regarding to the uniqueness of xen's grant table me

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Question regarding to the uniqueness of xen's grant table mechanism
From: "Lily Huang" <ushuanglily@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:42:08 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:42:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I am writing a paper related to Xen. I want to know whether the grant table based memory sharing mechanism is only available on Xen platform. Do other virtual machine systems like VMWare, Disco, or VirtualPC have similar mechanism to share memory across domains?
Also, does HVM support the grant table mechanism?

Thanks,
lily