RE: [Xen-devel] Understanding capabilites of xenoprof

To: "shobha ranganathan" <shobha_ranganathan@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Understanding capabilites of xenoprof
From: "Santos, Jose Renato G" <joserenato.santos@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:42:28 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:43:32 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shobha,

XenOprofile does not save/restore performance counter state on context switches.
Currently, Xenoprofile uses peformance counters for global system-wide profiling, i.e no performance counter virtualization are provided to guests today.
Support for performance counter virtualization would be nice, but as far as I know nobody is actively working on this
Renato