Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Management API Draft, version 0.4

To: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Management API Draft, version 0.4
From: Harry Butterworth <harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 14:16:45 +0100
Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 06:17:10 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I may be misreading the document but it seems to me like you've
constrained the class definition such that all of the construtor
parameters have accessor methods.

I think this may be a bit unnatural and I think any required accessor
methods for constructor parameters are just a special case of accessor
methods required in general and they in turn are just a special case of
general purpose methods like the ones required to drive the vm
lifecycle.

A bit of googling turned up this article on accessors which I tend to
agree with for the most part:

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-09-2003/jw-0905-toolbox.html

Harry.