Re: [Xen-devel] credit scheduler issues in 64bit hypervisor

On 5 Jul 2006, at 02:51, Li, Xin B wrote:

I really don't like crashing on such errors, but yes, this small changes
to VMCLEAR/VMPTRLD make no sense at this point.
For long term, we need follow IA32 SPEC to handle all the faliure VMX
instruction cases, basically we should crash the domain not the system,
and give some basic description.

Are there any cases where the domain itself can cause those instructions to fail? I agree that we should have a function that reads and decodes the reason for failure, and maybe also dumps other interesting state, but BUG still seems the right failure mode to me.

 -- Keir