Re: [Xen-devel] Missing Information about compile requirements in source

To: "Henning Sprang" <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Missing Information about compile requirements in source package
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 20:21:29 +0100
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:28:51 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 28 Jun 2006, at 18:58, Henning Sprang wrote:

It would also be cool if the build process would check theses
dependecies _before_ string the build.
At least for the ncurses-dev dependency, which makes the build
completely fail if not fulfilled, but only after some minutes of
compiling - it's not funny for users to see a build fail after some
time of waiting with an error that could have been checked before.

I expect only xentop depends on ncurses-devel. We could detect that dependency in the build system and not build xentop.

 -- Keir