[Xen-devel] error message: waiting for /dev/hda5 to appear

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] error message: waiting for /dev/hda5 to appear
From: "Langsdorf, Mark" <mark.langsdorf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:52:50 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:54:49 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm having a problem with the 10480 changeset
of xen-unstable.  I'm using the default config
file on SUSE10.1 for AMD64 on a 2p/2c Opteron
system with 4 GB of DRAM.  When I try to load
Xen, the everything works fine until the root
drive is loaded.  I get the message
"waitin for /dev/hda5 to appear", and after a
time out, a very minimal command prompt
appears.

I've tried various config settings, including
building the reiserfs module and ATA drive
modules in monolithically, but nothing helps.
Anyone have any ideas for how I can solve this?

-Mark Langsdorf
AMD, Inc.