Re: [Xen-devel] New CPU scheduler w/ SMP load balancer

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] New CPU scheduler w/ SMP load balancer
From: "Anand Gupta" <xen.mails@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:19:02 +0530
Cc: ack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 02:49:23 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 5/26/06, Emmanuel Ackaouy <ack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have just committed a change to xen-unstable.hg which adds
support for a new Xen CPU scheduler, which should greatly
enhance resource scheduling on SMP systems and provides better
QoS controls.

The new scheduler is not currently the default, so to enable
it you will need to put "sched=credit" on the Xen command line.
Please give it a go and provide us with some feedback as to how
it performs with your workloads!

Is the scheduler now default in the latest unstable ? How do i check which is the scheduler ?

Once you are running with the new SMP credit scheduler, you will
be able to check and modify your domains' weights and caps using
the "xm csched" command:

xm csched -d <domain>                   lists weight and cap
xm csched -d <domain> -w <weight>       sets the weight
xm csched -d <domain> -c <cap>          sets the cap

I tried xm csched and it gave me errors:

Error: Sub Command csched not found!

However xm sched-credit does seem to work. Was this changed ?

--
regards,

Anand Gupta