Re: [Xen-devel] xenbus api

To: Fabien Hermenier <Fabien.Hermenier@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xenbus api
From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:01:51 -0500
Cc: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:02:26 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You have to provide more context than that. If you're domain boots at all, XenBus is working.

It's likely that you're using the XenBus API (which may block) while holding a lock in the network driver and causing a nasty dead lock of some sort.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Fabien Hermenier wrote:
Hello
I have a lot of problem using the xenbus api (in xen-3.0-testing).

I had to modify the network backend driver (file netback.c), and each
call to a xenbus function in a virtual machine make my machine reboot
(not the virtual, the real machine).

for example, I 've add this line of code (wich is useless):
        printk("%d",xenbus_exists(XBT_NULL,"/local/domain/0/","domid"));
after a network packet reception.

When I launch my virtual machine, the station reboot after the virtual
machine console log is stopped after this block:

NET: Registered protocol family 1
NET: Registered protocol family 17

What do I wrong ? Could I use the xenbus API in the backend (I have same
problem in the frontend) ? Any tips/advice would be appreciate

Regards.
Fabien