[Xen-devel] linux-2.6-xen et al

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, chrisw@xxxxxxxxxxxx, quintela@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] linux-2.6-xen et al
From: Aron Griffis <aron@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 11:49:34 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 08:50:28 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Could somebody explain the purpose, maintainership, etc of the
following trees?

http://xenbits.xensource.com/linux-2.6-xen.hg
http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/linux-2.6.rc-xen.hg
http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/linux-2.6.tip-xen.hg

I've been pursuing inclusion of xen-ia64 in fedora rawhide, and in the
process learned that Juan uses these trees to generate the patch for
fedora's kernel rpm.

This seems like a great approach (easier than using xen-unstable's
sparse tree) but before following Juan down this path, I'd like to
understand the intended purpose of these trees, who maintains them,
and ideally the mechanics of that maintenance.  For example,
linux-2.6-xen.hg seems to pull patches from xen-unstable, but it can't
be a direct pull because one is a xen tree, the other is a kernel
tree, so how is it done?

Thanks,
Aron