Re: [Xen-devel] PCI code Xen 2 -> Xen 3

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] PCI code Xen 2 -> Xen 3
From: "David Carr" <dc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:11:53 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: David Carr <dc@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 10:12:07 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keir,

Thanks for your reply about the PCI changes in Xen 3.  Since Xen no longer
handles PCI devices, two questions come up for me.

Firstly, I assume that domain 0 now performs the PCI masking functions
required to hide devices dedicated to a specific domain (other than domain
0).  Is this the case?

Also, in Xen 2 the hypervisor had knowledge of which devices were assigned
to what domain.  Now there doesn't seem to be any notion of a "device" in
Xen-3.  How does the hypervisor assign/verify devices to non-dom-0
domains?

Thanks for your time,
David Carr