Re: [Xen-devel] [patch-resend-2] take a bite out of xen-mkbuildtree-pre

To: Aron Griffis <aron@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [patch-resend-2] take a bite out of xen-mkbuildtree-pre
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 18:24:10 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 10:24:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 1 Jun 2006, at 16:23, Aron Griffis wrote:

This is an update of the patch to clean up some of xen-mkbuildtree-pre
and apply to current xen-unstable.  This builds successfully on x86,
x86_64, ia64-vp and ia64-non-vp.  Since the last post, XEN_CHAR has
been renamed to XEN_DEVMEM and the ia64-specific hack for evtchn has
been removed.

This patch converges the ia64-specific and general versions of
xen/drivers/Makefile and xen/drivers/core/Makefile, using Kconfig
settings instead to control whether specific pieces are built.

There's an ia64-specific file referenced in drivers/xen/core/Makefile (xenia64_init.c) which does not even live in drivers/xen/core. I'll apply this patch, but can you please send a followup to remove that line and put it in its proper place under arch/ia64 somewhere.

 -- Keir