Re: [Xen-devel] [patch-resend] take a bite out of xen-mkbuildtree-pre

To: Aron Griffis <aron@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [patch-resend] take a bite out of xen-mkbuildtree-pre
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 07:49:48 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 May 2006 23:55:21 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 30 May 2006, at 22:56, Aron Griffis wrote:

This is an update of last week's patch to clean up some of
xen-mkbuildtree-pre and apply to current xen-unstable.  This builds
successfully on x86, x86_64, ia64-vp and ia64-non-vp.

This patch converges the ia64-specific and general versions of
xen/drivers/Makefile and xen/drivers/core/Makefile.  Use Kconfig
settings instead to control whether specific pieces are built.  These
config settings might disappear when the ia64 p2m/vp conversion is
complete, but for the moment it's a clean way of handling the two
personalities of xen-ia64.

Lots of new config variables -- are they all really needed?
Can ia64 not use the Xenified /dev/mem (ia64 and x86 both seem to use direct_remap_pfn_range for various things now)?
Referring to xenia64_init.c from a generic Kconfig file is odd.
Can we pull the event-channel merge before taking this patch and avoid the kludge to pull in the ia64-specific evtchn code?

 -- Keir