[Xen-devel] xm-test results on Unisys ES7000

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] xm-test results on Unisys ES7000
From: "Krysan, Susan" <KRYSANS@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 13:53:45 -0400
Cc: "Subrahmanian, Raj" <raj.subrahmanian@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Vessey, Bruce A" <Bruce.Vessey@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh" <aravindh.puthiyaparambil@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Carb, Brian A" <Brian.Carb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:54:18 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
May 22, 2006

Configuration:

Unisys ES7000/one
x86_64
16 processors
16 GB RAM
SLES 10 RC1 with xen-unstable changeset 10058

Issues:  We ran with a workaround for multiple failures of network tests (see
our previous xm-test run on 5/11). The multiple network test failures also
happen on an x86_64 Dell 4X with 2GB RAM.  The failures are related to the fact
that ifconfig shows dom0 is only configured with eth0 and lo and is missing
multiple other entries, one of which is xenbr0.  We edited
/etc/xen/xend-config.sxp to change the statement (network-script
network-bridge) to (network-script 'network-bridge vifnum=0') and then
restarted xend.  This caused xenbr0 and other entries to be configured.  Then,
since xm-test looks in the xend-config.sxp file for the original network-script
statement, we had to change the statement back to (network-script
network-bridge) and restart xend in order to get xm-test to run.

We have created bugzilla # 656  for this problem.

Xm-test execution summary:
  PASS:  111
  FAIL:  4
  XPASS: 0
  XFAIL: 3

Details:

 FAIL: 03_memset_random_pos
         Timed out waiting for console

XFAIL: 02_network_local_ping_pos
         ping loopback failed for size 65507. ping eth0 failed for size 65507.

XFAIL: 05_network_dom0_ping_pos
         Ping to dom0 failed for size 65507.

XFAIL: 11_network_domU_ping_pos
         Ping failed for size 65507.