Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Re: Difficulties inserting externalmodul

To: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Re: Difficulties inserting externalmodules in dom0 & using a serial port
From: Michael LeMay <lemaymd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:08:24 -0500
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Molle Bestefich <molle.bestefich@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:09:15 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm building against the dom0 kernel. In fact, I copied my module code into the kernel itself and added an option for it to the Kconfig. Still had the same problem. It's very odd, because many other places in the kernel use those calls, with no issues... Maybe it's just some quirk with my configuration.

Ian Pratt wrote:
Michael LeMay wrote:
As an update, I figured out the "force_evtchn_callback" problem.
My module used the spin_lock_irq and spin_unlock_irq routines,
No clue whether it's a bug that they're not supported, but I'd suspect a bug in Xen on account of 8250 not working when it's loaded as a module?

Are you sure you built the module against the correct xen config'ed
kernel? (If you're using a version of xen prior to 3.0.2 you'd need to
set ARCH=xen on the make command line).

Ian