Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] flush_tlb_mask and grant_table on i

To: Tristan Gingold <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] flush_tlb_mask and grant_table on ia64
From: Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:15:46 -0500
Cc: "Xu, Anthony" <anthony.xu@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:15:14 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 09:42 +0200, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> Le Vendredi 21 Avril 2006 09:27, Xu, Anthony a écrit :

I think the obvious solution would be to provide more information to the
arch code, e.g.
        flush_grant_ref(gnttab_unmap_grant_ref_t *ref)
or maybe
        flush_tlb_range(ulong maddr, ulong len)

x86 could ignore this extra data and simply flush the whole TLB as it
does now.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center