Re: [Xen-devel] 3.0.2-testing: pci_set_dma_mask, pci_set_consistent_dma_

On 13 Apr 2006, at 20:05, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

 That
sorts out most kinds of bad behaviour. We would need the guest kernels
to help out with reclamation (at least for guests not on shadow page
tables). If Linux had support for hotplug memory (add and remove) I
suspect we could make use of that to help out, if we were careful.

Or simply get the balloon driver to target the appropriate pages.  The
problem with using hotplug memory is that that generally works on the
basis of ranges of physical addresses, not machine addresses.

Is there a VM interface to allow you to say 'please terminate usage of *that* page'? That could be extremely useful!

 -- Keir