Re: [Xen-devel] Xen cpufreq support status: how to notify hypervisor of

On 13 Apr 2006, at 03:31, Matt T. Yourst wrote:

Doesn't set_time_scale() do exactly this by directly using the supplied
ticks_per_sec value? Why does it need to be scaled based on the old frequency
when the values can just be recalculated?

I removed the call to local_time_calibration() and it still works just fine,
so it looks like set_time_scale() overrides the other settings anyway.

Ah yes, looking closer at your code I think you are doing the right thing and the local_time_calibration() call should be removed.

I'm still having a strange issue (only in X sessions it appears) where the key
repeat rate and response time gets very slow after a frequency shift.
Everything else responds normally except for the keyboard, and that problem
goes away after a minute or two. Any idea what's going on?

Any idea if fiddling with CPU frequency affects the local APIC bus frequency? I would guess probably not...

Do you really mean the problem continues for a few *minutes* before 'fixing itself'?

 -- Keir