RE: [Xen-devel] Memory overhead of HVM domains

To: "Charles Coffing" <ccoffing@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Memory overhead of HVM domains
From: "Jiang, Yunhong" <yunhong.jiang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 07:02:56 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:03:27 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think difference between like 256 ~ 512 ~ 1024 is reasonable, sfor example,
512M ram requires about 512k p2m table size.

So the point is the size for 16M vmx domain. If we need to investigate that
size, maybe we can calculate each item one by one, including: 1:1 mapping
table, shadow, p2m, shadow cache. Anything else left?

Yunhong Jiang