[Xen-devel] RE: Status of 3.0.2?

To: "Anthony Liguori" <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: Status of 3.0.2?
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:35:04 +0100
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:35:26 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I'm fine with a release date of "when it's ready" but I'm a
> bit confused with the status of 3.0.2.  Has it been released
> already?  There are tarballs labeled 3.0.2 on the Cambridge
> site and there was a 3_0_2_release tag applied a bit ago.
> There's also a fair bit of churn in both trees that seems to
> suggest we may be passed the 3.0.2 freeze.
>
> I'd greatly appreciate if you could clarify where we're at in
> the release process.

I'm afraid there have been delays building the various RPMs (not for any
technical reasons, but due to a flu outbreak). Since more people use the
RPMs rather than the source or binary install tar balls, it seemed daft
to announce the release on the mailing lists and update the web pages.
The 3.0.2 src and tar balls are up at the usual places for anyone that
wants to grab them. We hope to get 3.0.2-1 RPMs up in he next 24h and
officially announce the release.

Ian