[Xen-devel] No CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO on x86_64 Xen; why not?

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] No CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO on x86_64 Xen; why not?
From: "Stephen C. Tweedie" <sct@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 20:17:00 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 17:17:21 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

lib/Kconfig.debug contains:

config DEBUG_INFO
        bool "Compile the kernel with debug info"
        depends on DEBUG_KERNEL && !X86_64_XEN

Does anyone recall why this was disabled for X86_64_XEN?

hg annotate xen-unstable.hg leads to the cset description

        Update linux sparse tree to subarch layout.

and linux-2.6-merge.hg shows

        various fixup in Kconfig to handle Xen

neither of which are particularly helpful.  I've just completed a build
with this change reverted and -g enabled and it built fine (although I'm
remote from the box right now so can't boot it yet); and gdb on the
vmlinux shows symbolic info is present.

Anyone remember, or object to reenabling CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO?

Thanks,
 Stephen