Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC][patch] console_flush()

Should we unsync after the panic message, then?
-JX
On Apr 1, 2006, at 4:32 AM, Keir Fraser wrote:

On 31 Mar 2006, at 20:24, Jimi Xenidis wrote:

It occurs to me that since console_sync_start/stop use ++ and -- respectively, that it was designed to be "nested" and bracket code segments. If this is indeed desirable than perhaps we need another interface that simply flushed the console. The only real use I can see for it is to flush after the panic message rather than using console_sync_start() before it.

It's designed to be nestable, but it doesn't have to be used that way. The only argument for a new interface function is if we thought its name and use were significantly less confusing or weird, which I don't think is the case here. I also like the current strategy of switching to synchronous console mode *before* writing the critical info you care about, rather than flushing it after, although I suppose it doesn't really matter much either way.

 -- Keir