Re: [Xen-devel] Patch question (Hyper-Threading support)

On 28 Mar 2006, at 09:28, Elizeu Santos-Neto wrote:

        What I meant by HT support was the construction of sibling maps by the
Guest OS smp-kernel using information about the core ids from the VCPU.

        More precisely, I've found the following comment in the file:

        ./linux-2.6-xen-sparse/arch/xen/kernel/smpboot.c

         /* Currently, Xen gives no dynamic NUMA/HT info. */

        Thus, I modified this file and a couple of other to allow the guest os
kernel to build the siblings map properly.

Ah, I see. Those platform files (e.g., smpboot.c, mpparse.c. ,,,) are all kept in sync with linux-2.6 codebase. We generally don't modify them much for Xen and periodically (every couple of months) I pull in the latest versions from linux. That's what's happened here.

 -- Keir