Re: [Xen-devel] Overhead incurred due to Xen for a page fault

pak333@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I would like to get some help on estimating the cost of page fault handling in Xen. Can someone help me identify where I need to put the hooks into the xen source.

Check arch/x86/traps.c, look for the function:

asmlinkage int do_page_fault(struct cpu_user_regs *regs)

It has some hooks for measuring counts.  You can add timing information.

Note that page faults are fundamentally handled by the guest O/S, Xen simply forwards them.

-- Randy