[Xen-devel] Re: Porting 2.0.7 to newer linux kernel

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Porting 2.0.7 to newer linux kernel
From: Michal Ludvig <michal@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 16:01:56 +1300
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:15:08 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Michal Ludvig wrote:
Hi there,

I'm trying to port Xen 2.0.7 to a more recent kernels than the last supported 2.6.12. Why? Because my server is far far away and I'm not going to remotely upgrade Xen 2.0 to Xen 3.0 and then fly over there to fix it. And after all it's a good coding excercise ;-)

Anyway, going in small steps, thus doing 2.6.13 first. After half a day of work it finally compiles but an attempt to create domain with this kernel ends up with "Error: Error creating domain: (0, 'Error')" and the domain is still present in xm list:

All right, I got a little bit further. Now the domain gets successfully created but the kernel dies immediately:

~# xm create -c bobek-x2
Using config file "/etc/xen/bobek-x2".
Started domain bobek-x2, console on port 9608
************ REMOTE CONSOLE: CTRL-] TO QUIT ********

************ REMOTE CONSOLE EXITED *****************
~#

Could someone advise me where is the very first entry point in the kernel that gets executed once the domain is created? Since there is no useful content in arch/xen/boot I'm somehow lost as to where the kernel starts.

Thanks for any pointers!

Michal