Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Bootloader configuration

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 03:15:07PM +0000, John Levon wrote:
> Are you referring to a grub Xen port, or the "boot something once to get
> images" thing that's been discussed, or something else?

A grub port (or similar) seems like the most useful thing.  The less
dom0 has to understand about domU's kernel/fs peculiarities, and the
less fs, config and loader code that needs to be rewritten just for Xen,
the better.

I think the xm config runes defining a domain should only need to be
changed for something that would be a hardware upgrade in non-virtual
hosting.  Any purely software changes within the domain (including
change of os/fs) shouldn't require intervention by a dom0 administrator.

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan                           (My opinions, not the University's)
Systems Research Group