[Xen-devel] qemu on Vt-x

To: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] qemu on Vt-x
From: "Ian Brown" <ianbrn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:10:58 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:11:24 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I don't have a Vt-x machine on which I can test and see; I have
a question regarding running qemu on Vt-x xen machines.

xen-unstable has a config file example:  dist/install/etc/xen/xmexample.hvm

In this file we have the follwoing line:

device_model = '/usr/' + arch_libdir + '/xen/bin/qemu-dm'

The use manual says about the device_model:
        "The device emulation tool for VMX guests.
        This parameter should not be changed.".

As I understand, when starting a domU on a Vt-x domain
we start the qemu-dm.
But as far as I remember for qemu on linux, running qemu should get
a parameter which is a file image name.
( for example,  the qemu User Documentation we have
"qemu linux.img").

Is this parameter exsists anywhere ? from where is it taken ? or is
it omitted ?

Is it the image from the "disk" parameter, (like in the
dist/install/etc/xen/xmexample.hvm:) ?

disk = [ 'file:/var/images/min-el3-i386.img,ioemu:hda,w' ]

IB