Re: [Xen-devel] question about DomU kernel loading

To: Ying.U.Wang@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] question about DomU kernel loading
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:01:14 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:01:24 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 23 Feb 2006, at 21:26, Ying.U.Wang@xxxxxxx wrote:

Here is my experiment:

1. parse xenU kernel image, extract ".text" section from the image.
2. dump the domU memory from the dsi.v_start upto the size of ".text" section.
3. compare the results from step 1 and step 2.

I found that the majority of the code are the same, but still about 500 bytes
are different between these two in various locations.

Could anyone tell me why are not they the same and what made the difference?

The kernel modifies itself to insert the best code sequences for the system its running on:
e.g., add synchronisation primitives if the system is multiprocessor.

 -- Keir