[Xen-devel] difference between PGT_gdt_page and PGT_ldt_page

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] difference between PGT_gdt_page and PGT_ldt_page
From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:09:32 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:20:43 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is there any particular reason why there cannot just be a PGT_descr_page,
combining the two currently existing types?
Even if it's only a page, I'd want to avoid wasting memory for nothing, and
i386's default_ldt could easily move into
the same page cpu_gdt_table lives in. Alternatively one could also use
empty_zero_page here. Or do it like on x86-64,
where the symbol doesn't exist at all, and knowledge about it being all zeroes
is used where needed. Jan