[Xen-devel] VTPM: incompatible device naming between BE device and vtpm_

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] VTPM: incompatible device naming between BE device and vtpm_managerd??
From: "Fischer, Anna" <anna.fischer@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:29:46 -0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:41:10 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I downloaded Xen unstable on 07.02.2006 (so it's quite new) and wanted
to use the VTPM implementation. Somehow I found out that the VTPM BE
driver creates a device named /dev/vtpm, but the vtpm_managerd listens
on the BE device named /dev/vtpm0. So when I wanted to start the
implementation "out of the box" it couldn't work at all. Is there a
specific reason for this incompatible device names? If not, then it
might be reasonable to adjust them.

Regards,
Anna