[Xen-devel] xen network performance question ....

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] xen network performance question ....
From: Himanshu Raj <rhim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 18:53:17 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 00:04:25 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Folks,

While using the gigE interface, I saw that two dom0s can get a throughput of
925Mbps, while two domU's can only get 342Mbps (across two different machines).
For a 100Mbps NIC, thruput was same for both dom0 and domU (94.1Mbps). Is there
some gigE specific traffic shaping going on (couldn't find that looking casually
at network-bridge script), or this is just the way it is? Please let me know
if this is accepted behavior, or something is messed up with my setup.

Best regards,
Himanshu