[Xen-devel] x86_64 stability query

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] x86_64 stability query
From: Koby Leung <job@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:42:47 -0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 19:53:49 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi folks,

  I have a new install of an athlon 64 + ati p200 chipset running FC4. I've
installed the x86_64 binary on my machine and recompiled the kernel to run Xen,
and have been running several guests with dns and dhcp services, and a web
server.

  I am, however, seeing a kernel oops every couple days, which I've yet been
unable to capture.

My question is just whether this is expected behavior from xen 3, since it is
listed as 'unstable'? Or if I have messed up my install somehow? I've been
running tests under the stock redhat kernels, and they are holding up fine so
far, so it appears to be something in my dom0 kernel, or the xen system and I'm
trying to figure out which.

Hopefully it's okay to post this question here.

Thanks!

Koby